The Political Class Betrayed the Trust and Placed Tunisia under Trusteeship but there is No Salvation except with Islam
وَمَنْ أَحْسَنُ مِنَ اللَّهِ حُكْماً لِّقَوْمٍ يُوقِنُونَ
“But who, for a people whose faith is assured, can give better judgment than Allah?”
After eight years of revolution against injustice and tyranny, the country is still suffering a suffocating crisis at all levels … The main reason for these crises is that the regime of Ben Ali came out of the door and returned through the window, as the path of the secular political class and all the governments emanating from it (before and after the elections) was characterized by Western domination and the wasting of the country and the people. We have begun to hear in recent times, confessions from the political class of this hegemony, nonetheless their confession attributed the crisis to the individual ministers and turned a blind eye on the policies and programs that created the disaster. It is known that whatever is laid down in Tunisia of “constitution and laws” legislations, political programs and economic policies was under the direct supervision of the colonial European countries, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank. Whereas the Ministers throughout the successive governments had nothing to do except implementing and signing where they are told to sign. However, what all governments have successfully achieved is:
- Continuing the process of compromising the country’s sovereignty and making it a hotbed of all colonial powers, Britain and its looting companies, the European Union and its banks, the IMF and its shackling precarious conditions and the United Nations and its “experts”.
- Safeguarding the fiscal balances of the state according to the International Monetary Fund orders, i.e. the state abandoning the welfare of the people in their basic needs for education, health, transport and others… under the pretext of the inability of the state’s budget to support it. The effects have been devastating, the dinar has been destroyed, prices have been inflated, and living worsened.
- Ensuring the interests of the “colonial looting companies” that plunder our wealth by laws laid down by the political class after creeping into legislation and governance via democratic elections.
- Pardoning the corrupters and looters under the heading of Economic reform to boost the economy as they claim.
- Seeking the disastrous agreement of the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement with the European Union, which will enable Europeans to dominate the agricultural sector and the services sector fully.
- Fully orientating towards foreign direct investment, which will make the youth of Tunisia slaves for the European companies.
Whereas, the interests of the people and the facilitation of their livelihood and safety are the rulers’ last concern, they only consider people to be electoral figures that are taken care of a few days every five years.
O Muslims in the country of Zaytouna:
The “new” government is a modified version of the Bourguiba and Ben Ali regimes, attuned to the criteria of Britain, the European Union, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. This government was imposed by democratic deception to delude of the change, and instead of a one-party, there has been the involvement of the secular political class and the addition of the so-called “moderate Islamists” who were involved by the colonizer to implicate them all in the crime of placing Tunisia under direct colonial trusteeship.
O Muslims in the country of Zaytouna: O you who launched a revolution that shook the pillars of the oppressors in the east and the west …
We remind you that your glory and the glory of your people and your country is in your religion, your Islam, which Allah has honored you with, which holds the solution to all your adversities. We remind you of the saying of Allah (swt):
أَفَحُكْمَ الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ يَبْغُونَ وَمَنْ أَحْسَنُ مِنَ اللَّهِ حُكْماً لِّقَوْمٍ يُوقِنُونَ
“Do they then seek after a judgment of (the Days of) Ignorance? But who, for a people whose faith is assured, can give better judgment than Allah?” [Al-Maida: 50].
And that the solution lies in the following:
- Removal of the ruling class that has crept into governance via the mangled democratic system gaps, because they have sold the country and the people.
- Uprooting the Western hegemony by preventing the intervention or entry of all those who belong to a colonial entity because they control the politicians and the political life in Tunisia, and the criminalization of all those involved in it, because they are a proven harm to our religion, our country and our people.
- Annulling all agreements and contracts concluded with the colonial countries and international organizations: The United Nations, International Monetary Fund, World Bank and their counterparts, because they are a way for the colonial powers in the ransoming of our country…
- Retrieval of the country’s wealth from the hands of the looting companies. And return the plundered wealth. All this is in implementation of the saying of the Almighty: وَلَن يَجْعَلَ اللَّهُ لِلْكَافِرِينَ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ سَبِيلاً “And Allah will never allow an authority to the disbelievers over the believers” [An-Nisa: 141].
- This verse strictly prohibits subservience to the Kafir colonizer and it informs and shows that a believer with complete Iman cannot fall under the influence of the disbeliever and cannot settle or rest until he removes his clout.
- The immediate application of Islam through the establishment of the Khilafah state (Caliphate) on the method of the Prophethood, and resuming Islam as a way of life and as the constitution of the State. Hizb ut Tahrir has prepared a Constitution for the Khilafah State on the method of the Prophethood that includes comprehensive details, from the economic system to the education policy. And it has prepared a team of competent politicians who have learned that politics is attentiveness in the taking care of people’s affairs and one of the greatest rewarded acts of worship by their Lord, and not privileges, immunity and exorbitant wages. And they understand that the primary task of the rulers is to protect their people and their country from the enemies. And it, the Hizb, has prepared a practical plan for the conduct of the Khilafah State to be a Khilafah on the method of the Prophethood from the first day, to look after the affairs of Muslims and non-Muslims a righteous guardianship by Islam; the Shariah of Allah. There is no place at the time for hesitation or fawning the enemies of Allah and the enemies of Muslims. And no wherein submission except to the Lord of the Worlds and the Lord of the Heavens and Earth. In this regard, we remind everyone that Allah Almighty, when He enjoined in His Glory Book to uphold the Word of Allah and make Islam the basis of legislation and governance, and when He obligated confronting the Kuffar and the colonists, He did not obligate them on Hizb ut Tahrir alone, rather, He made them obligatory for all Muslims, especially the people of power among them, and for this:
We address our forces in the security and army in charge of protecting and preserving society, and tell them:
Your country has been seized by quasi-rulers and quasi-politicians who are marching it towards the abyss, and here you see today with your own eyes that these want evil and treachery for the country, so will you continue to protect them? Will you partake in their crime? We deem you far above to be submissive followers inclined where the leaders tend. Instead, your duty is to search for the sincere leadership, which represents your aspirations emanating from your creed, which imposes upon you that you be part of your people and your Ummah, and not part of a meagre governmental structure concerned with pleasing your enemy. You swore utmost oaths that you will be the protectors of your people and your country, and here your country today is a hostage to the colonist who abducted it by the treacherous traitor hands who disgrace themselves and sold it, and they will not hesitate using you to employ you as servants for the colonial firms.
And know that Allah Almighty has promised us victory and empowerment, and His Promise is the Truth; which is not only to the prophets but also to the believers. It is not only in the Hereafter with testimony, Allah’s pleasure and the Paradise, but also during this world with victory to be for the believers. Allah (swt) says:
إِنَّا لَنَنصُرُ رُسُلَنَا وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَيَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْأَشْهَادُ
“Indeed, We will support Our messengers and those who believe during the life of this world and on the Day when the witnesses will stand.” [Ghafir: 51]
Hizb ut Tahrir Wilayah Tunisia
10th Rabii’ Al-Akhir 1440 AH